The Planning Engineer will assist the Engineer and the Construction Tehnical Manager in their duties and day to day operations and is responsible for monitoring the time related aspects of the project. In this context, he is expected to be proficient in the use of specialist project management software, such as Microsoft Project and / or Primavera.
Role and Responsibilities
• Examination of the contractors’ initial clause 14 programme submissions and to ensure they are in accordance with the contract requirements and to the Engineer’s satisfaction.
• Examination of the contractors’ revised programme submissions and to ensure they are in accordance with the contract requirements and to the Engineer’s satisfaction.
• Monitoring typically on a monthly basis, of actual site progress against the clause 14 programme. Identification of any areas of delay or other perceived problem areas.
• Review of any revised (recovery) programmes submitted by the contractors, as directed by the Engineer and / or the Construction Technical Manager.
• Examination of the time aspects of any extension of time claims submitted by the contractors with reference to the “consented to” construction programs.
• Compilation of the Engineer’s month end progress report to the client in collaboration with other construction management team members.
• Assistance to the Engineer and Construction Technical Manager in their duties and day to day operations.
• Assistance to the consultants’ supervision teams for the inspection of the works as directed by the Engineer and / or the Construction Technical Manager.
• The Employee shall perform any other duties which the Employer may from time to time assign to the Employee in his/her capacity as planner and construction assistant engineer and/or in connection with the Business, including any directions and / or instructions from time to time given to the Employee by the Employer.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• BSc or Master’s Degree in Civil /Planning Engineering/Construction Project Management.
• Registered Member of Technical Professional Body.
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
• Five years of experience of working on planning construction projects.
• Knowledge of construction implementation with proven site experience and an understanding of buildability.
• Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written forms of English is required.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to compile information whilst having a structured approach to report writing.
• Excellent level of computer literacy in Windows, Microsoft packages, AutoCAD/Revit, MS Project and Oracle Primavera.
• Broader knowledge of other disciplines of the construction sector is anticipated.
The Planning Engineer will be reporting to the Construction Technical Manager.
The company offers an attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience, including Medical Insurance, as soon as the probation period expires, as well as excellent opportunities for career development and advancement. If you believe that you have the above qualifications and this opening sounds challenging, send your CV to [email protected]