The duties of an IT Technician include being a reference point for all IT related queries at the user level, responding to user needs in a timely manner and ensuring the optimal running of all systems, among other technical duties.
IT Technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments and executive levels. They are required to listen to their technical needs, understand their problems and implement solutions to them.
IT Technicians diagnose, repair and maintain hardware and software components to ensure the smooth running of computer systems. IT Technician responsibilities include installing and configuring computer hardware and being the primary point of contact for IT support within a company.
Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components to ensure usability.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Ensuring electrical safety standards are met.
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware.
- Upgrading the entire system to enable compatible software on all computers.
- Installing and upgrading anti-virus software to ensure security at the user level.
- Performing tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
- Providing support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Conducting daily backup operations.
- Managing technical documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- Cisco network associate or Microsoft Certified is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Reporting to the Marina IT Manager.
The company offers an attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience, including Medical Insurance, as soon as the probation period expires, as well as excellent opportunities for career development and advancement. If you believe that you have the above qualifications and this opening sounds challenging, send your CV to [email protected]